If you’ve been looking for a chainsaw, you’ll have noticed that there are so many brands in the market, all competing for the top spot. So, how do you decide which chainsaw brand is best?
In this article, we’ll answer that question by reviewing two top brands that have been market leaders for decades. Both brands have over time built a reputation for producing reliable and quality chainsaws for both professional and casual use.
The research and expert opinions here will provide you with professional advice that will help you decide which chainsaw brand between Echo Vs Husqvarna to pick.
Let us now compare two popular chainsaws from these brands just so that you have an idea of what each brand offers.
- Our Top Echo vs Husqvarna Chainsaws Are:
- Husqvarna vs Echo: Similarities and Differences
- Echo Vs Husqvarna Chainsaw Comparison
- About Chainsaws
- Echo vs Husqvarna Brands
- Final Thoughts
Our Top Echo vs Husqvarna Chainsaws Are:
|1. Echo CS-490 18-Inch Gas-Powered Chainsaw||Check Current Price|
|2. Husqvarna 450 18-Inch 50.2cc Gas-Powered Chainsaw||Check Current Price|
This chainsaw is a front and rear chainsaw from the Echo 400 Series. It comes with an option of 16-inch, 18-inch, and 20-inch bar lengths.
The CS-490 is the lightest chainsaw but also carries the most powerful engine in its class. It is suitable for medium yard work and some heavy-duty commercial work. With the 20″ bar, this chainsaw is capable of cutting large-diameter trees in one cut.
- Engine: 50.2cc 2-Stroke
- Equipment: 16″/18″/20″ Bar and Chain
- Weight: 10.6 lbs (excl equipment)
- 2cc professional-grade 2-stroke engine
- G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner
- Lightweight magnesium crankcase
- Chrome-plated cylinder
- Dual-post chain brake handle
- Composite handle with a rubber-over mold
- Automatic adjustable clutch-driven chain lubrication reduces oil consumption and leakage
- Heavy-duty air filter with tool-less access provides better air intake into the engine for more power
- A powerful and fuel-efficient engine that can handle large commercial jobs such as milling
- Reliable, durable and provides great service
- Compact and Lightweight
- The original chain that comes with this chainsaw is of low quality
- Some users have problems with the startup process, especially when cold.
This chainsaw produces excellent performance in some heavy-duty work like commercial firewood providers or contractors. It is also an excellent residential tool if you require a professional-grade chainsaw.
Overall rating – 4.0/5
This is chainsaw is from the Husqvarna All-Round series and is designed for light and medium-sized jobs. It comes with a powerful 50.2cc X-TORQ engine and an 18″/ 20” bar and chain to take on large trees.
- Engine: 50.2cc X-TORQ
- Equipment: 18″/20″ Bar and Chain
- Weight: 11.2 lbs (excl cutting equipment)
- Noise: 115dB
- X-TORQ engine that allows fuel efficiency and reduced emissions
- Air Injection Centrifugal air cleaning system
- Tool-less chain tensioning
- Flip-up tank cap and visible fuel level
- Low vibration
- Auto return stop switch
- A durable engine that features a 3-piece crankshaft and a centrifugal air cleaning system
- Startup system that utilizes a combined choke/ automatic return stop switch and an optimized fuel pump for easy engine starting.
- A compact and lightweight frame with low vibration to enable you to work longer in comfort
- The chain lubrication may be leaky and there is no way of adjusting the flow
- Some users have had problems with chain tensioning and the chain coming completely off
Although this chainsaw has a powerful engine, it can only perform light and medium-duty jobs. It also requires you to be experienced to handle the power as well as to assemble it when new.
Overall Rating – 4.1/5
Husqvarna vs Echo: Similarities and Differences
Both chainsaw brands are top quality brands with several decades of experience in producing high-performance products for professional and casual use. But to get a better idea of what each brand offers, lets us compare the Echo Vs Husqvarna chainsaw similarities and differences a little deeper.
Let’s look at the general features that both chainsaw brands have incorporated into the design of their chainsaws.
- Chainsaw Type: Both brands offer gas-powered chainsaws and electric chainsaws for the different tress cutting jobs to be performed.
- Engine: Both brands incorporate high-performance, fuel-efficient 2-stroke engines.
- Easy Start Feature: Both brands incorporate an easy start feature to enable users to start the chainsaws effortlessly.
- Safety Features: Both brands feature automatic/manual chain brakes, reduced vibration, and side access chain tensioning.
Some of the most notable differences include:
- Categories: Echo chainsaws are categorized according to the type of handle while Husky categorizes theirs according to use.
- Carburator: The Husqvarna engine features an AutoTune setting that reduces on carburetor adjustments by compensating for climate and clogged air filters.
- Air filtration system: Echo chainsaws feature an automotive-style pleated air filter that allows for better filtration and more air pushed into the engine.
- Engine: Husqvarna also produces battery-powered electric chainsaws that give you the performance of a gas-powered chainsaw with the benefit of less noise.
- Warranty: Echo chainsaws have a 1-year commercial warranty and 5-year consumer warranty while Husky provides a 1-year professional warranty and a 2-year consumer warranty.
Echo Vs Husqvarna Chainsaw Comparison
|Easy Start||ProFire Ignition||Smart Start with Start/Stop control|
|Air Filter Cleaner||G-Force PreCleaner||Air Injection Centrifugal air cleaning|
|Air filter||Automotive-style pleated||Heavy Duty|
|Chain Brake||Dual Post chain brake||Inertia TrioBrake|
|Chain Oiler||Automatic/ Adjustable||Automatic|
|Comfort||Vibration reduction system||Anti-Vibration dampeners|
|Handles||Composite||Aluminum with soft inlay|
|Chain Tension||Side access||Tool-less side access|
|Warranty Consumer/Commercial||5-Year/ 1-Year||2-Year/ 1-Year|
What is a Chainsaw?
Chainsaws are mechanical saws that have their teeth set on a rotating chain that moves around a guide bar. They are used mainly for logging and harvesting firewood and they come in a wide variety of designs for various uses.
How Does a Chainsaw Work?
A chainsaw has two main parts, that is the saw blade which is a chain wrapped around a guide bar and the engine which is either gas-powered or electric. The engine rotates the chain which performs the cutting work.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Chainsaws
The obvious advantage is that chainsaws are faster and more efficient than ordinary saws or axes. And though they have made cutting trees and logs much easier, chainsaws require handling with great safety and caution.
They are easier to move with because they’re not attached to any power sources. This makes them excellent tools for professional logging and storm clean up.
They are much more useful for light-duty work such as trimming trees in the yard or cutting firewood. The chainsaws are attached to a power source with a cord that limits the user’s distance of motion.
Echo vs Husqvarna Brands
Is Echo A Good Chainsaw Brand?
Echo chainsaws have a brand reputation for producing reliable and quality outdoor tools for professional and home use. Their chainsaws are built to last while performing tough cutting jobs and at the same time, provide you with years of dependable service.
The chainsaws come with quality features such as a high-performance 2-stroke engine and a quick start ignition system as well as a superior vibration reduction system that provides better comfort when using their saws.
But, the best feature of Echo chainsaws is the air intake system. It features a felt air filter that is covered in rubber to ensure the efficient filtering of dirt and particles from getting into the engine.
The filter allows for a larger intake of clean air into the engine to improve the power and efficiency of the chainsaw engine.
Echo chainsaws come in two types; the top handle chainsaw that is mostly used by professional arborists and the front and rear handle chainsaw that allows for better handling.
Is Husqvarna A Good Chainsaw Brand?
Husqvarna is a leading brand in the chainsaw business. The company has over 300 years of providing innovative forest, park and garden products. It is this long experience that has made their product features more superior in power and performance.
The Husky chainsaw range includes chainsaws for heavy-duty jobs to lighter models for homeowners. Their chainsaws come equipped with a fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly engine.
The engine is made even more reliable by an automatic engine setting that removes the need for carburetor adjustments that other chainsaws require when you use it in different climates.
The company also produces a powerful, cordless and high efficient battery-powered chainsaws that perform just as well as their gas-powered counterparts.
Their Casual chainsaws are small, lightweight chainsaws for the occasional user at home, while their All-Round chainsaws are user friendly with a bigger engine. They have Powerful Robust saws and a Professional range of saws that feature a unique design for more power to handle demanding work.
Ultimately, the decision one will make between Echo Vs Husqvarna comes down to brand loyalty. Though one may find a particular chainsaw from the alternative brand that performs better and is best suited to their needs.
For instance, Husqvarna is the more established brand, better than Echo, and with a wider experience in manufacturing chainsaws. But a comparison of the two products above shows that this Echo chainsaw has a better performance at a better price point than the Husky, although the latter has more high-end features.