Last Updated: by
What good is your tile saw if you don’t give it the right blade to wield?
You have to get the best tile saw blade for your tool if you want it to do its job in cutting through that stone or porcelain cleanly and precisely.
Whether you’re installing a backsplash, doing a bathroom reno, or overhauling your floors, invest in a good tile saw and your project is off to a good start.
Scroll down for our picks!
- The 7 Best Tile Saw Blades Are:
- 1. MK Diamond 158434 7″ MK-225 Hot Dog Premium Thin-Rim Blade — Best Wet Saw Blade for Porcelain Tile
- 2. GoYonder 4.5 Inch Super Thin Diamond Saw Blade
- 3. DEWALT Diamond Blade for Porcelain Tile, Wet/Dry, 4-1/2-Inch (DW4765)
- 4. QEP 6-7003Q 7 Inch Diameter Continuous Rim Premium Diamond Blade
- 5. QEP 6-7006GLQ 7-Inch Continuous Rim Glass Tile Diamond Blade
- 6. SKIL 79510C 7-Inch Turbo Rim Diamond Blade
- 7. Pearl Abrasive P4 DIA10TT Turbo Mesh Blade for Porcelain and Granite 10 x .063 x 7/8, 20mm, 5/8
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
The 7 Best Tile Saw Blades Are:
|1. MK Diamond 158434 7" MK-225 Hot Dog Premium Thin-Rim Blade||Check Current Price|
|2. GoYonder 4.5 Inch Super Thin Diamond Saw Blade||Check Current Price|
|3. DEWALT Diamond Blade for Porcelain Tile, Wet/Dry, 4-1/2-Inch (DW4765)||Check Current Price|
|4. QEP 6-7003Q 7 Inch Diameter Continuous Rim Premium Diamond Blade||Check Current Price|
|5. QEP 6-7006GLQ 7-Inch Continuous Rim Glass Tile Diamond Blade||Check Current Price|
|6. SKIL 79510C 7-Inch Turbo Rim Diamond Blade||Check Current Price|
|7. Pearl Abrasive P4 DIA10TT Turbo Mesh Blade for Porcelain and Granite 10 x .063 x 7/8, 20mm, 5/8||Check Current Price|
1. MK Diamond 158434 7″ MK-225 Hot Dog Premium Thin-Rim Blade — Best Wet Saw Blade for Porcelain Tile
The MK Diamond 158434 is the overall best tile saw blade because it combines edge, grit, and dependability to make a precise cut wherever and whenever the situation calls for it.
Thinly rimmed to reduce the risk of chipping, this high-end wet tile saw blade is crafted to cut into anything, from the densest of porcelain to hard vitreous tiles, while featuring cooling slots that ensure that you maintain straight lines that result in a perfect finish.
The tool of choice for every professional, the versatility and durability of this blade makes its price worth it. An investment in great quality blades for your power tools crucial. Aside from porcelain and vitreous tiles, you can also cut through stones including hard quartz, marble, bluestone, granite, limestone, and slate.
We highly recommend this wet tile saw blade for professionals as it has a rotation velocity of over 8730 RPM, which is significantly faster than a lot of other diamond blades.
Also, if you have been around tile saw blades enough, you would know that with a speed that fast, you need a wet tile saw blade because it is more efficient and safer than the conventional dry blade.
The most exciting part? It comes with a continuous rim blade warranty which means that if the bond separating the rim and the core fails while in use, you get a replacement free of charge. However, this is only valid if this issue occurred without any carelessness or misappropriation on the user’s part.
- Product dimensions: 7 x 7 x 0.1 inches
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Material: Metal
- Powered by: Corded-electric
- Zero batteries needed
- Highly recommended for porcelain and hard vitreous tiles
- Cuts cleanly through hard quartz, marble, bluestone, granite, limestone, and slate
- Thinly rimmed
- Premium experience
- Superior cutting power that slices through the densest of masonry materials
- Slender rims to reduce chipping
- High cutting speed
- Guaranteed symmetrical trimmings of expert level
- The narrowness of the blade makes it wobbly on longer cuts
Discovering this lightning-speed wonder was like stumbling into a goldmine. One thing is for sure: With the right use and right care, you can purchase this and rest assured of durability that exceeds what you have been guaranteed.
Here’s another porcelain tile blade review. Made to cut anything from glass to granite, compatible with dry or wet tile saws, it is the best tool whether you are a professional or for DIY pastimes. This diamond saw blade will give you the most amazing value for your money.
The universality of this blade is truly glorious, producing cuts as effortlessly a knife going through butter. It is applicable to various materials including porcelain, quartz, granite, sandstone, and porcelain.
Fortunately, its multifacetedness does not at all compromise quality or durability as this saw also features X teeth which keep things as fast as they are smooth, while built with the best kind of material to ensure the blade stays resilient. To minimize chipping, always go for the recommended RPM of 8000 to 11000.
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Product dimensions: 45.3 x 45.3 x 0.1 inches
- Size: 4”/4.5”/5”
- Width: 1.2 millimeters
- Material: Diamond
- Varied use for wet or dry tile saws
- Zero batteries required
- RPM: 8000 – 11000
- Affordably priced — good value for money
- Multifaceted for wet and dry tile saws
- Superior speed and cut
- X Teeth Turbo Mesh Rim Design for accuracy and peak performance
- Does not work as well on harder materials as it does on softer materials like ceramic
- Chips easily with rigorous use
- Bends easily
This is one of the best-priced deals you will find on the market when you consider how much value it gives you. Add that to the fact that it is well suited to accommodate your wet saw and your dry saw, and you have got yourself a decent buy.
It feels as though the Dewalt diamond blade came to be after a unanimous agreement by the manufacturers that the keyword was: MORE.
It has amplified precision in cutting performance and a significant competitive range for both wet and dry tile saws. Its optimal performing diamond matrix and continuous rim design fuse incredibly to give you a blade with the most minimal chipping and prolonged life compatible with all kinds of tiles especially porcelain tiles.
What’s more? We love a brand that gives us options. Dewalt does this by assuring you a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with your purchase.
Also, there are three categories of this super-performing blade designed to cater to your specific saw type. You can find out more about these options and what they mean under the Key features section.
- Weight: 5 ounces
- Product dimensions: 7.3 x 5.7 x 0.4 inches
- Size: 4-1/2-Inch
- Zero batteries required
- Cutting diameter: 4.5”
- Assembled diameter: 4.5”
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Enhanced cutting performance that works for all kinds of tiles
- Minimal chipping thanks to its continuous rim design
- Guaranteed tough, just like the company slogan
- Gives you the power of choice with three blade categories for different purposes
- Impractical as it requires more care than usual compared to other saw blades
The most unique feature of this blade is its continuous rim design which minimizes chipping and works incredibly well on wet tile saws such as this one. Its other superpower is its ability to take on the cutting of tile, porcelain, or marble and make a perfectly sliced job out of each one.
Also, this 7-inch saw blade is designed with an arbor the size of 0.625-inch that makes for a way easier attaching to all kinds of tile saws when compared with most blades.
It is a decently priced wet tile saw blade for a smooth and regular cutting experience, a fact that is only rivaled by the knowledge that you can get an immediate replacement if you find out that your order is defective. Sounds fantastic?
- Weight: 9.9 ounces
- Product dimensions: 11 x 9 x 4 inches
- Material: Metal
- Zero batteries required
- Continuous rim-Inchwet-Inch reduces chipping
- Arbor size: 0.625-Inch
- RPM: 8730 maximum
- Money-back guarantee on defective orders
- Does not chip easily
- Produces smooth results edge to edge
- Affordably priced
- Above-average cutting performance
- Cuts too slowly
- Will wear out on longer cuts
- Not durable
The QEP 6-7003Q is a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation, so while this may not be of the highest quality, it is decently priced and practical for the value of work it gets done.
More importantly, you can also contribute to its lasting power by giving it the utmost care and careful use. Suffice it to say that not only does this tile saw blade cut well, it also cuts costs, and that’s good enough for us.
Once again, the QEP brand makes another feature on our list, this time with the QEP 6-7006GLQ which, while suited for cutting materials such as some natural stones, mosaic, ceramic, and porcelain, is primarily one of the best and most popular glass-cutting tile saw blades you would ever find.
A smooth-cutting wet tile saw blade fashioned out of steel and featuring 7mm of diamond-layered cutting edge and continuous hi-rim, it is apparent why it is the brand of choice for cutting through something as delicate like glass.
Let’s not forget the QEP standard policy for allowing a replacement in the case of a defect on the products you order.
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Product dimensions: 7 x 2 x 2 inches
- Material: Steel blade
- 7mm cutting edge coated in diamond
- 7mm continuous hi-rim
- 8730 RPM
- Recommended for: Glass tiles
- Well suited to most wet tile saws
- Best cuts on glass material
- Generally compatible with most brands
- Affordably priced
- Precise and neat cuts
- Cuts slowly
- Not durable
- Emits high vibrations that may pose a safety hazard
- Not recommended for Professionals
As you may have figured out by now, this glass tile cutter is the dream of every DIY hobbyist, which means it is best used when you are in the amateurish stage.
The QEP brand is known for bringing smooth cutting experiences but also with a shorter life span than the others on the list.
When you make that choice, consider how much work you will be doing around the house, and if it’s not so much, this QEP will serve you well.
Tough, abrasive, and unbelievably priced, this diamond blade was perfectly tailored for all kinds of concrete materials and performs at a magnitude of heroic proportions, with a much longer life span than abrasive wheels.
Made for circular saws and grinders, it cuts through the thickest of materials like a beast with its Turbo rim Diamond blade.
You may look at the low price and think that you’ve got nothing to lose but when you buy it, you will realize that not only did you lose nothing, but you gained everything, or at least a WHOLE lot.
- Weight: 14.3 ounces
- Product dimensions: 10 x 1 x 9 inches
- Material: Stainless steel
- Cutting/Assembled diameter: 7” each
- Compatible with circular saws and grinders
- Made for cutting all types of concrete
- Recommended for dry use
- Tougher than abrasive wheels
- Legendary performance
- Affordably priced
- Brass ring on the blade may come loose while at use
- Dry use only means that you risk dust exposure. You can reduce this by working underneath a fan or dipping blade in water
- Does not always give the smoothest cuts
If you are still wondering if the SKIL 79510C 7-Inch Turbo Rim Diamond Blade is as tough as we say, the answer is simple. It is!
Comprising a 10mm turbo mesh rim and core design to make cutting faster while minimizing chipping, this blade is abrasive in grit and produces results as smooth as pearls, cutting impressively through all kinds of thick materials including granite, hard tile, porcelain, and natural stone. It is also quite durable and one of the best 10-inch blades.
- Weight: 1.59 pounds
- Product dimensions: 10 x 10 x 0.25 inches
- Material: Metal
- 30 days return policy if there is a defect
- Extra fast
- Impressive cutting performance
- Does not always cut straight lines
- Short lifespan
The Pearl Abrasive P4 DIA10TT Turbo Mesh Blade simply does the job that it was purchased for and results in a terrific performance.
Before you make that purchase, make sure you have the following checked out.
Perhaps, because of their size, hand-held tile saws may not perform as well as their larger-sized counterparts like table-top tile saws, but when it comes to safety and practicality, it is more important to go for a tool that is easy to carry.
As a cutting tool, the importance of sharpness in a blade cannot be overemphasized. Opt for diamond-tipped circular blades that have longer lasting power, cuts longer and leaves you with properly aligned results.
Not only must the blade be sharp, but you must also understand the cutting capacity of the blade and how it solves your problems. For instance, DIY projects need simple saw blades while professionals require tougher ones.
We advise that you always opt for wet tile saw blades as this reduces your exposure to dust that could affect your lungs. If you must use dry saw blades, dunk them in water before use or stay close to a fan while at use. Either way, find out first which blade type is best suited for you.
Precision, Flexibility And Quality
Trust us, you want a tile saw blade that cuts through things in straight neat lines and is applicable to a vast range of cutting scenarios without compromising on its quality.
You will enjoy a more productive and meticulous cutting with a fast tile saw blade. Therefore, the faster, the better.
The process of remodeling a house either as a professional handyman or an adventure seeker will be absolutely worth it when it’s over, but you need all the help you can get and this is why you should look through our 7 best tile saw blades as well as a buying guide. On a DIY adventure? Check out this guide.
Now we will leave you with two more essential tips: First, every saw blade has a recommended diameter so use this particular measurement and reduce the risk of an accident.
Second, you want to check that the cut you’re about to make is the exact measurement as your specifications or a brief. The first way to achieve precision in sawing is by being thorough about getting the right measurements and following the rules to the letter.
Unlike most things in life, the guidelines for using tile saw blades are not the kind you default on. Therefore, be conscious about your safety and health rather than get immersed in the thrill of a whirring blade.
That said, now is the time to stop procrastinating. Go get the MK Diamond 158434blade (or one of our other recommendations) for your tile saw. Good luck on your next tiling project!