The best hole saw kit is a must-have for carpenters, construction workers, electricians, and do-it-yourself (DIY) persons. It comes in handy when you need to dig holes in concrete, wood, and metal for wiring or plumbing to pass through.
But if you take a closer look at the market, you will notice there are many options. The kits differ in quality, price, and because of sellers’ tendency to exaggerate, picking the right one can be a big challenge. But we want the process to be simple for you.
We assembled the best kits out there, analyzed their design, and specs to get you in the know. So check out our best hole saw kit reviews and identify the perfect one for you.
- The Best Hole Saw Kits Are:
- 1. Milwaukee 49-22-4185 — Best Hole Saw for Wood
- 2. Greenlee 660 Hole Saw Kit — Best Hole Saw for Aluminum
- 3. DEWALT DWACM1802 Hole Saw Kit — Best Hole Saw for Metal
- 4. Bosch HB25M 25-Piece Hole Saw Kit
- 5. LENOX Tools 308042000G Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit
- 6. DEWALT D180005 14-Piece Holesaw Set
- 7. Meccion Hole Saw Kit
- 8. Hole PHS01C Hole Saw Kit
- 9. Diablo DHS14SGP Hole Saw Kit
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
The Best Hole Saw Kits Are:
|1. Milwaukee 49-22-4185||Check Current Price|
|2. Greenlee 660 Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
|3. DEWALT DWACM1802 Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
|4. Bosch HB25M 25-Piece Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
|5. LENOX Tools 308042000G Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
|6. DEWALT D180005 14-Piece Holesaw Set||Check Current Price|
|7. Meccion Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
|8. Hole PHS01C Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
|9. Diablo DHS14SGP Hole Saw Kit||Check Current Price|
1. Milwaukee 49-22-4185 — Best Hole Saw for Wood
Top on our list is this Milwaukee 49-22-4185, a 28-piece kit that allows you to make holes in most materials. The kit is outstanding because it is pretty easy to use and durable. So, even if you are new to using a hole saw kit, be sure of getting professional results with this kit.
The most conspicuous thing about this kit is that all the pieces are ICE HARDENED to make them stronger. But Milwaukee did not stop there.
They use a Matrix II Bi-Metal Teeth for extra durability. With this, you are sure of using the kit for a long time without requiring a replacement.
One of the problems that most people face when using hole saw kits is poor chip removal that results in jamming, overheating, and damaged holes.
But you say goodbye to such problems when using this kit. Milwaukee included unique deep gullets that help with fast chip removal.
- Number of cuter heads in the kit: 28
- Bits design: Matrix II bi-metal construction
- Item weight: 14.65 pounds
- Made with radiused tooth back that helps to reduce stress on teeth
- Teeth are made with a positive rake angle for fast cutting
- The ice-hardened drill bits can be used on a wide variety of projects
- The saw kit is pretty easy to use
- The kit is expensive
- The hole saw is not effective for cutting metal
2. Greenlee 660 Hole Saw Kit — Best Hole Saw for Aluminum
Greeenlee might be a less known brand, but this 660 could be its claim to fame. It is designed with features that make cutting holes in different materials easy and convenient.
So, whether you want to make thin or bigger holes in wood, plastic, or ceramic, this hole saw is one of the top options.
One of the top features of this hole saw is the well-positioned ejector spring that makes creating and completing holes easy. It also makes removing the chippings or slug easy, which is crucial if you target making fast and smooth holes.
The pilot drill of the hole saw is designed using cobalt steel, which is strong and durable. Using this hole saw, we were able to make holes with no signs of stress on the drill.
But what we liked more is that it is replaceable. So, when it finally gets used, you can simply replace it and continue enjoying top performance.
- Number of cutters in the case: 11
- Material: Stainless steel cutters
- Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Designed with a big flange that helps to prevent over-drilling
- The teeth are designed with hardened carbide for optimum performance
- Its Greenlee Quick Change arbor can be used with cutters of different sizes
- Cuts both wood and metal with ease
- Cuts smoothly without squealing
- Cases of the ejector spring springing out are common
- Generates a lot of heat when cutting tough materials
3. DEWALT DWACM1802 Hole Saw Kit — Best Hole Saw for Metal
Mention the word DeWalt and professionals will tell you that anything it designs is excellent. This DEWALT DWACM1802 Hole Saw Kit is a living testimony of the brand’s commitment to quality.
The hole saw is tough, strong, and will make holes even in the toughest materials. We found it very effective even in making holes in metallic workpieces.
For you to cut or make holes in metal, you need a saw that is pretty tough. DeWalt engineers knew well about this fact and designed the hole saw with strong carbide teeth. The string construction also helps to make the hole saw durable.
When cutting materials with hole saws, it is not uncommon to get stuck, risking damaging your tool and the saw. This saw is designed to make it easy to eject all the chippings it generates when cutting workpieces.
Furthermore, it is designed with an ejection spring for easy ejection. This design will come in handy to help you make clean holes faster.
- Pieces in the kit: 3
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Its toughened teeth allow you to cut holes even on metals
- Comes with a raised shoulders that helps to reduce breakthrough
- Strong and long-lasting
- Allows for fast drilling speed
- Can be used to cut holes in a wide range of materials
- Only comes with three pieces.
Coming in fourth position is this HB25M from Bosch, a revolutionary model that allows you to work faster, and smarter. It is designed with quick-change arbors, and the pilot bit easily snaps into the mandrel so that you can make holes in your workpiece fast. Like our first pick, this kit works well with most materials.
The most notable thing about this HB25M is that the saw is made with 8% cobalt alloy, which comes with two key benefits. One, the saw is very tough and will last for a long time. Two, it is able to withstand higher heat resistance, making them effective for cutting holes in metallic workpieces.
Another notable thing about the saw is that it is designed for precision. It is designed with alternating teeth sizes that rip through the workpiece faster. When using the kit, we also noted that it has reinforced shoulders that help to reduce wobbling, allowing you to make well-rounded holes.
- Number of hole saw heads in the kit: 25
- Material: Carbide and cobalt alloy
- Item weight: 6.61 pounds
- Can be used to make holes in different workpieces
- Changing the saw heads is easy using the patented Quick Change Universal Hole Saw System
- Designed with 8% cobalt alloy that helps to reduce heat generation when cutting.
- Easy to use
- Gets blunt fast when cutting metal
One of the top hole saws known for toughness and high-quality is this LENOX Tools Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit. It is designed with extra-durable teeth that allow you to cut tougher materials faster.
So, whether you are a contractor or electrician with tough materials such as metal and hardwood, this is one of the top options.
The most outstanding thing about the hole saw is that it is built to last more than most brands in the market today. LENOX uses advanced T3 technology that makes it last 50% longer than most LENOX models. When we tested the kit, we realized that it is also taller and makes cleaner holes than previous models.
When cutting tough materials, especially metal with hole saws, most of them suffer broken holes. But this hole saw comes with increased wall thickness that helps to strengthen it, improve durability, and reduce tooth loss.
Once you are done cutting the hole, you will realize that ejecting the plug is pretty easy. The hole saw comes with a SPEED SLOT staircase for easy plug ejection. This implies that you will not waste time trying to eject the plug.
- Number of cutters in the kit: 26
- Hole sizes: ¾” to 4 ¾”
- Material: Bi-metal
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Uses patented “speed slot” design that makes removing the plug easy and fast
- Made with thicker walls for extra strength and durability
- Good for making deep and smooth cuts
- The warranty is pretty short
Coming next in our list is this D180005, a high-performance hole saw kit that has become very popular with most artisans. We enjoyed using the kit because it allowed us to work on different applications, including electrical, woodwork, and plumbing.
The most notable thing about the hole saw is its design. It rocks a deep cut style that helps to enhance versatility and efficiency. We were able to make perfect holes for different projects pretty fast.
When a carpenter orders a hole saw kit, the aim is to get a durable unit that can last for a long time. To help you achieve this goal, the hole saw pieces in the kit are made with tough high-speed steel. Also, they come with hardened backing plates that help to prevent warping and thread stripping.
- Number of cutter heads: 14
- Material: High-speed carbon steel
- Dimensions: 3 x 9.8 x 7.3 inches
- Warranty Description: 30-day money-back guarantee
- Designed with high-speed steel for extra strength and toughness
- Pretty easy to use
- Can be sued for working on different types of materials
- The kit allows you to make holes of different sizes
- Poor for cutting metals
If you are looking for a hole saw kit to use on different materials but sold affordably, this Meccion Hole Saw Kit could be the best option.
It is designed with tough materials that allow you to cut even metallic workpieces. We found the hole saw particularly effective for cutting aluminum, wood, and ceramics.
The hole saw is designed with an enhanced tooth geometry that makes cutting your materials easy and fast. Besides, the cutter heads have wide slots and multiple leverage points that make it easy to work out plugs using a screwdriver.
And now to the sweet part. When using the saw, it removes all the chippings so that the saw does not get stuck when making holes.
To make it convenient for you, the saw can be used with a wide range of machines. So, whether you have an impact drills, electric drill, or bench drill, you will be able to easily make well-rounded holes in your workpiece.
- Number of cutters in the kit: 19 pieces
- Cutting depth capacity: 1 inch
- Material: carbon steel
- Weight: 2.03 pounds
- The saw cuts smooth circular holes
- The enhanced tooth geometry helps the saw to cut faster
- The saw is designed with thick walls that help to minimize teeth loss and enhance durability
- Can be used to make holes in a wide range of materials
- Not suitable for cutting very tough metal
Are you a DIY person who wants a hole saw kit for less tasking jobs? Then, you need a high-quality hole saw kit that is sold affordably, such as this Hole PHS01C Hole Saw Kit.
Indeed, the hole saw kit rocks remarkable features that would comfortably qualify it for a higher price tag. Therefore, even if you are a professional who does not want to use a lot of money, this is one great option to consider.
Hole PHS01C is designed with carbon steel, heat-treated to make it stronger and durable. Although it is not hard enough for making holes in metal pieces, it works perfectly well on other materials, including wood, plastic, and PVC. We found the saw to be very precise when cutting holes of different sizes.
The hole saw kit comes with 16 pieces of cutters of all sizes, ranging from 3/4 inch to 5 inches. To deliver greater value to users, Tacklife sells the kit with a 12-month maintenance card.
- Number of pieces: 16
- Material: Carbon steel
- Cutting depth: 25 mm
- Cutting range: Wood and plastic
- Offered at a low price
- The storage case is easy and compact
- It comes with 16 cutters for most popular hole sizes
- Not designed for cutting metal
The last hole saw kit to make our list is this DHS14SGP, which is designed by the less popular Diablo brand.
The kit consists of (10) bi-metal hole cups designed with varying sizes to allow users to make different-sized holes in their workpieces. But we liked the design of this hole saw because it cuts faster than most hole saws we had seen out there.
Reading the description of this kit, the first thing that catches the eyes is that it cuts 10-times faster than other models in the market. When we tested the hole saw and compared it with other common models, well, it was not ten times faster but still outperformed them by a great margin.
For example, it allows you to make about 40% deeper holes in one pass. Every time you use hole saws, one of the things you must be prepared to face is removing the plug.
Unlike other hole saws that require people to use special tools to eject the plug, no tool is required with this hole kit. This means you can make more holes rapidly without wasting time.
- Number of pieces in the kit: 14
- Hole sizes: 7/8” to 2-9/16”
- Hole depth: 60 mm
- Material: Bi-metal
- Easy to change saws using the Snap-Lock system
- Designed to cut all materials, from wood to metal
- It cuts deeper and faster than most common models out there
- Designed to last
- Comes with an unusual size range of saws
The above top hole saw kit reviews have revealed what is out there in the market. But the number of kits are still many, right?
So, let us look at some considerations that you need to factor when buying a hole saw kit:
The biggest factor when buying a hole saw kit is your intention. For example, if you are simply interested in making holes in plastic, you do not require a hole saw with an overly hardened blade.
For most carpenters, electricians, and contractors, their tasks require making holes of different sizes. Therefore, it is important to select a kit that comes with different cutters.
The good thing is that all the hole saw kits we have reviewed in this post come with cutters of different sizes for making common types of holes.
As you might have noted, the price of hole saw kits range widely. Like most products, higher-priced kits are in most cases of higher-quality compared to low priced ones.
The material of the blade is another crucial thing that helps to define the value that you can get from the hole saw. The secret is choosing the saw designed with tough materials that will maintain the edge for longer and not rust easily.
Some of the best materials used to design hole saws include titanium, carbon steel, stainless steel, and high-speed steel.
The growing number of hole saw kits in the market, and deceptive salespeople make it difficult to identify the perfect kits.
Selecting a good hole saw kit and adding it into your tools arsenal is the best decision that any carpenter, electrician, or do-it-yourself (DIY) person can ever make. In our hole saw kit reviews above, we have brought out the best that the market has to offer.
The saws are strong and can be used for cutting a wide range of materials. They also have a varied price range, and you are sure of getting the best one for your toolbox.
Although we stand with all the nine hole saw kits in our reviews above, the Milwaukee 49-22-4185 was our favorite because of its strength and outstanding features.