A good portable table saw should be able to be setup in just seconds so that you can get to work right away. It should also be able to cut through multiple materials, including tile, metals, and plastics, in addition to creating a clean cut through any type of wood. The Rockwell BladeRunner X2 portable tabletop saw is able to exceed in these areas, while also supporting your woodworking efforts in a number of unique ways.
What We Like About the Rockwell Bladerunner
Here is a look at what this particular tabletop saw is able to do.
- It is able to perform multiple cuts with ease, including scroll, miter, rip, and inside cuts.
- It is extremely lightweight as a table saw option, weighing just 15 pounds. There is also a tabletop handle that has been built into the frame of this tool which make hauling it from location to location a safer and easier proposition.
- It includes a hold-down guard so that splitter cuts can be performed on wider working pieces.
- It features a large rip fence that gives you better control on virtually any cut you may need to make, giving you consistent levels of accuracy.
- Blade changes with this table saw are too-free. It is compatible with 4-inch T-shank jigsaw blades as well, giving you an added level of versatility that other table saws are unable to provide.
- It provides assistance with shop cleanup as well thanks to the included vacuum port.
You have options when considering the Rockwell BladeRunner X2 as well. The standard tabletop saw comes with a 5-piece starter blade set and the entire purchase is backed by a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. You can also upgrade your purchase to include the tabletop saw and a 10-piece blade set if you prefer.
What Is the Cutting Capacity of the BladeRunner X2?
This is not your traditional table saw, so the cutting capacity of the tool must be taken into consideration. It performs the best with wood, with a rated cutting capacity of 1.5 inches. It can also perform well with the following materials and their maximum thicknesses.
- PVC Pipe: 25 inches.
- Aluminum: 3/8 of an inch.
- Ceramic: 3/8 of an inch.
Because of the design of this tabletop saw, you can switch between different materials with relative ease. We couldn’t achieve the 3-second blade changes that the manufacturer promotes, but it isn’t going to take the average woodworker more than a minute to swap out blades. Cuts are nice and accurate no matter what the material happens to be and you won’t find any frays or burring at the edges until the blade begins to wear down on you.
If you own the Rockwell BladeRunner X2 portable tabletop saw, then you’re making an investment into your ability to create precise controls within your woodworking. It features a traditional guard and splitter system, handles multiple materials, and cleans up afterward for you. For these many reasons, this tool earns our highest of recommendations today.