Last Updated: by
Sawing wood into thin strips on a bandsaw wastes very little wood if you use the best aftermarket bandsaw fence. With a high-quality fence and a sharp blade, you can easily resaw wood into your desired strips without producing too much dust.
Finding a great aftermarket fence can be tricky because there aren’t too many of them out there in the market that would fit perfectly on your bandsaw table. You need to choose a compatible and removable extruded design. In this post, I have reviewed seven rigid, strong, and durable fences for you to check out.
The Best Bandsaw Fence Are:
|1. Grizzly Industrial H7584 Resaw Fence||Check Current Price|
|2. Kreg KMS7200 Bandsaw Fence||Check Current Price|
|3. Carter Magfence II Universal Magnetic Fence||Check Current Price|
|4. Grizzly Industrial H7587 Bandsaw Fence||Check Current Price|
|5. Shop Fox D3575 Resaw Fence||Check Current Price|
|6. Rikon 13-900 14” Bandsaw Fence||Check Current Price|
|7. POWERTEC BS900RF Rip Fence||Check Current Price|
1. Grizzly Industrial H7584 Resaw Fence — Best Overall
Here is the overall best aftermarket bandsaw fence for 2020, the Grizzly Industrial H7584. A fence best suited for resawing and other woodworks on the bandsaw table.
- Removable extruded resaw design
- Perfect fit for most 14-inch bandsaws
- Allows for easy adjustments
- Incredibly rigid, strong, and durable
- Suitable for both shorter and taller users
What I Like About Grizzly Industrial H7584
This resaw fence has a removable extruded design, which is great because it allows you to conveniently lower the blade guides when working on normal projects.
You only need a few adjustments to set up this fence, which is a good thing, considering how easy it is to match the blade drift.
It has an easy to attach resaw guide, which does a good job of steering your workpiece into the cut, improving control as well as accuracy.
What I Didn’t Like Grizzly Industrial H7584
I didn’t like the fact that this fence did not fit my G1019 model. I had to get the H7587 resaw fence system.
- Quick and easy to change position
- Easy to lower blade guides for simple cuts
- It is super easy to install and remove
- Durable resaw guide boosts control and accuracy
- Great choice for most 14-inch bandsaws
- Possible to receive a damaged tool
A well-made, solid resaw fence that comes highly recommended for 14-inch bandsaws. It is incredibly easy to assemble and disassemble.
Overall Rating: 5
2. Kreg KMS7200 Bandsaw Fence — Best for 14-Inch Bandsaw
Boost your bandsaw’s accuracy with the Kreg KMS7200. This uniquely designed fence has exceptional compatibility.
- Easy to adjust to a blade drift angle
- It accepts Kreg stops or resaw guides
- Can be adjusted to fit most bandsaws
- A good match for most 14-inch bandsaws
What I Like About Kreg KMS7200
This product will adjust easily to the drift angle of your blade, which is great because it helps improve the accuracy of your bandsaw.
It mounts successfully to most fourteen-inch band saws. You can also modify its design to fit other saws by simply drilling a hole in the mounting rail.
You can conveniently change the position of the fence to a low profile, which allows you to move the blade guides closer to the workpiece.
What I Didn’t Like About Kreg KMS7200
I love Kreg tools and accessories, but I was a bit disappointed by the fact that the fence came with a few missing parts.
- Aluminum fence is straight, strong, and long-lasting
- Super easy to remove when you’re done using it
- Smallest adjustments are easy to make
- Enhancing cutting accuracy is a breeze with two simple adjustments
- Can be used with Kreg stops or resaw guides
- Possible to receive a package with missing parts
There are no mixed feelings about this fence as long as you receive all the parts. Its high compatibility makes it our overall best aftermarket bandsaw fence.
Overall Rating: 4.6
3. Carter Magfence II Universal Magnetic Fence — Best Magnetic Design
When it comes down to resawing, making straight cuts, or milling down logs, the Carter Magfence II is incredibly handy.
- Attaches magnetically to a surface
- Has impressive aluminum extrusions
- Easy to remove for use with different equipment
- Magnets are switchable for precise and quick adjustment
- Has universal compatibility
What I Like About Carter Magfence II
This uniquely engineered tool has magnets on the bottom side and a little lever on the side for releasing the magnets.
It has a universal fit, which is great because you will not need mounts or brackets for attachment. The whole thing just pulls itself down on to the table.
This fence is super easy to square up to your blade, which is good because once squared it holds up firmly for resawing and other woodworks.
If you are working on a really big piece or a larger project that will exert more force on the fence, you can increase the magnetic force by adding two more switchable magnets.
What I Didn’t Like About Carter Magfence II
The issue I had with this fence is that it doesn’t really allow you to effectively micro-adjust it very well, which was quite inconvenient.
- It installs universally to almost all bandsaw designs
- Squaring to the bandsaw blade is extremely easy
- Rear magnets fit and hold firmly to the surface
- Four slots are available for mounting the magnets
- Comes with adjustment screws for squaring the fence
- May not be easy to make micro-adjustments
Carter Magfence II is a unique, high-quality, universal fence that demonstrates exceptional compatibility with bandsaws and other equipment.
Overall Rating: 4.5
4. Grizzly Industrial H7587 Bandsaw Fence – Best for Normal Projects
Introducing Grizzly Industrial H7587, a heavy-duty aftermarket bandsaw fence for upgrading the standard fence of your 14” bandsaw.
- Designed for resaw
- Strong and durable material
- It adjusts to the blade drift angle
- Compatible with most 14” bandsaws
What I Like About Grizzly Industrial H7587
The fence is heavy and solidly built, making it ideal for 14” bandsaw or 14 by 14 tables. Not to mention how easy it is to install.
It has a removable extruded design, which is great because it allows you to effectively lower the blade guides for doing normal woodwork projects.
Another great feature is the well-calibrated scale, which is a good thing, considering how easy it is to properly configure the fence for a precise width of cut.
What I Didn’t Like About Grizzly Industrial H7587
I can’t complain about the build quality of the fence, but the provided screws were too short. I had to spend a few extra dollars to buy longer screws for secure installation.
- Made of quality and durable components
- Fits most 14” band saws with no modifications
- Included scale allows for easy width cut adjustments
- It assembles quickly with the appropriate hardware
- Easy to lower blade guides for normal woodwork
- Short mounting screws may not be reliable
A very rigid, durable, and easy to install aftermarket fence for 14” bandsaws, if you don’t mind buying a few additional installation gear.
Overall Rating: 4.4
5. Shop Fox D3575 Resaw Fence – Best for 17-Inch Bandsaws
Do you have a 17-inch front to back bandsaw table that needs the best bandsaw fence? Look no further than the Shop Fox D3575.
- Good size for 17” front to back
- Comes with easily adjustable pieces
- Has limited compatibility
- Includes rails and mounting hardware
- Features a scale for micro-adjustments
What I Like About Shop Fox D3575
This fence has a removable extruded design, which is great for lowering the blade guides when working on the simple normal cutting projects.
It is made to fit a limited variety of 17” front to back tabletop bandsaw, but you can modify it by drilling two holes to make it compatible with most band saws out there.
This fence also comes with a properly calibrated micro-adjustment scale, which allows you to make fine adjustments when squaring to the blade.
What I Didn’t Like About Shop Fox D3575
The fence is certainly well-built, but I didn’t like its limited compatibility. I had to make two major adjustments to get it to work with my bandsaw.
- Ideal for seventeen-inch bandsaw tables
- Comes with all the mounting hardware you will need
- Micro adjustments are easy to make with the included scale
- Easy to lower the blade guides for versatility
- Slides smoothly on the table
- May require modifications to fit some bandsaws
This fence is reasonably well-made for the money, and it does such an incredible job of maintaining consistent thickness during resawing.
Overall Rating: 4.3
6. Rikon 13-900 14” Bandsaw Fence – Has Easiest to Read Scale
Introducing the Rikon 13-900, the best aftermarket bandsaw fence for use with your Rikon 10-320 Bandsaw.
- Engineered for Rikon 10-320 band saw
- Features a cam lock lever
- It’s fitted with a rear glide rail
- Multiple adjustments for squaring and drift 90-degree angle
- Readable scale and magnified cursor
What I Like About Rikon 13-900
This fence has a rear glide rail, which is great because it allows you to smoothly glide the fence when making micro-adjustments.
It comes with a resaw guide that attaches easily into the fence, which is great because it acts like a pivot point when resawing a piece of wood.
This heavy-duty fence has an easy to read scale along with a magnified cursor, which is super great because you can make the finest adjustments with ease.
What I Didn’t Like Rikon 13-900
It comes with poor instructions, but I managed to put it together somehow. Its compatibility is restricted to a few bandsaw models. You might even have to make a few modifications.
- You get all the installation hardware
- It micro adjusts so well, making squaring easy
- Rear glide rail offers more control for accurate cuts
- Resaw guide improves efficiency when resawing a piece of wood
- Perfectly drilled holes for quick and easy installation
- Poor instructions, no images
This is a heavy-grade extruded aluminum fence that works pretty well. The adjustments are so easy to make on this tool. I only plead for Rikon to provide detailed instructions.
Overall Rating: 4.2
7. POWERTEC BS900RF Rip Fence – Most Affordable Design
Do you have the POWERTEC BS900 Bandsaw? Do you the best bandsaw fence replacement? Look no further than the POWERTEC BS900RF.
- Mainly compatible with the POWERTEC BS900 Bandsaw
- Well-made extruded aluminum design
- Designed for parallel straight cuts
- Handy adjustable cam action
- Comes fully assembled
What I Like About POWERTEC BS900RF
This fence is made of industry grade aluminum material, which is great because it is very sturdy for resawing big workpieces and highly durable.
I really appreciate the handy cam lever system, considering how easy it is to adjust as well as secure placement lock for rigidity and dependability.
What I Didn’t Like POWERTEC BS900RF
I didn’t like its poor compatibility. I had to make a few adjustments to improve its fit and usability. This was a bit frustrating.
This fence is engineered to for an 11¾-inch front-to-back bandsaw table, which means it may not be the most ideal choice if you have a larger table.
- Construction is sturdy and very durable
- Allows for parallel and straight cuts
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use
- Highly dependable with the cam lever
- Easy to square to your blade
- It has limited compatibility and no instructions
As far as a budget design goes, the POWERTEC BS900RF is a great choice. But you shouldn’t set your expectations too high, there are a few challenges you may have to put up with.
Overall Rating: 4.0
If you are reading this, you are desperately in need of the best bandsaw fence system that will replace or accompany the fence that originally came with the bandsaw.
Here are a few tips I used to select the best models the market can offer.
Most aftermarket bandsaw fence brands claim that their products are compatible with most bandsaws in the market. But that is not always the case.
For example, the Kreg KMS7200 Fence has good compatibility with the most 14-inch bandsaw for woodworking. But it is obvious that it may not be the right choice for bandsaws with larger table measurements.
The most appropriate way to find the most ideal match for your band saw is by using a band saw fence compatibility chart. A chart, such as the one provided by Kreg, has the most popular recommendations. A good chart will suggest compatibility with modification or without modification.
Ease of Use
There is nothing more frustrating than buying a bandsaw fence that is almost impossible to work with.
Special Features to Look For
One of the main design features that I always insist on is an adjustment scale. You need this for enhancing repeatability and cutting accuracy.
I would also prefer a fence that has an easy to attach resaw guide. In my experience, resaw guide will help you steer your workpiece into the cut.
Our overall best bandsaw fence for this roundup is the Grizzly Industrial H7584. This is one of the easiest fences to install and uninstall.
Its removable extruded construction is quite impressive because it allows you to conveniently lower blade guides when working on a simple project.
What is really great about this aftermarket fence is that you can improve its compatibility by making a few adjustments. In case your bandsaw table isn’t an exact match.
Overall, I would prefer to choose a fence that provides near-perfect compatibility with my bandsaw table. Also, a rigid resaw guide is a must for those smooth cuts.