Last Updated: by
If a table saw was used for rip cuts only, it would still be a valuable tool. There’s simply no easier or more accurate way to rip a board than on a table saw.
The craftsmanship that goes into each and every table saw is impressive. But it is also the craftsmanship that differentiates the prices of table saws in the market. Some are cheap and some are expensive.
But you already know that there are many budget-conscious table saws in the market, right? What you don’t know is which one is best suited for your woodworking applications.
So, in my selection of the best budget table saw, I took into consideration all the important features you would want an inexpensive model to have.
- The Best Budget Table Saws Are:
- 1. Dewalt DCS7485B Compact Table Saw — Overall Best Affordable Table Saw
- 2. Dewalt DWE7485 Compact Jobsite Table Saw — Best Rack and Pinion System
- 3. Tacklife MTS01A 10-Inch Table Saw — Best Miter Gauge Design
- 4. Dewalt DW745 Compact Table Saw — Best Affordable Table Saw for Crosscutting
- 5. Bosch GTS1031 Jobsite Table Saw — Best Portable Design
- 6. Skilsaw SPT70WT-01 Worm Drive Table Saw — Best Worm Drive Gearing
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
The Best Budget Table Saws Are:
|1. Dewalt DCS7485B Compact Table Saw||Check Current Price|
|2. Dewalt DWE7485 Compact Jobsite Table Saw||Check Current Price|
|3. Tacklife MTS01A 10-Inch Table Saw||Check Current Price|
|4. Dewalt DW745 Compact Table Saw||Check Current Price|
|5. Bosch GTS1031 Jobsite Table Saw||Check Current Price|
|6. Skilsaw SPT70WT-01 Worm Drive Table Saw||Check Current Price|
1. Dewalt DCS7485B Compact Table Saw — Overall Best Affordable Table Saw
At slightly under $400, the Dewalt DCS7485B provides you with a compact, portable, and flexible table saw that’s best suited for both DIY and jobsite use.
- High performing FLEXVOLT 60V battery
- Wide ripping capacity of 24 inches
- Rack and pinion fence rails
- Power loss reset system
- Onboard storage
The Dewalt DCS7485B is powered by the brand’s flagship Flexvolt 60-volt battery, which generates superior revolutions per minute for ripping and cutting.
This unique tool is installed with a rack and pinion fence system that you can easily adjust using an ergonomically made gear for accurate and quick adjustments.
Another exceptional feature that comes with the Dewalt DCS7485B is the power loss reset system, which does a good job of preventing accidental restarts.
But I wish it had both on (green) and off (red) switch buttons for convenience of use and added safety. The large red switch isn’t the safest choice.
- Powerful battery pack delivers a reliable runtime
- You can cut 4 by 8 workpieces with ease with the wide ripping capacity
- Fence adjusts effortlessly with a turn of a knob
- No need to worry about accidental restarts, thanks to the power loss reset feature
- Smart blade guard system keeps you safe from the turning blade
- Doesn’t come with a stand
- Could be better with additional safety features
If you are looking for the ultimate cordless table saw that is reasonably priced, then don’t look beyond the Dewalt DCS7485B.
Overall Rating – 5.0
2. Dewalt DWE7485 Compact Jobsite Table Saw — Best Rack and Pinion System
If you are looking for an affordable table saw that does not only have a compact design, but also delivers superior cutting, then look no further than the Dewalt DWE7485.
- Powerful 15-amp motor
- Compact and portable design
- 24-1/2-inch ripping capacity
- Anti-kickback pawls
- Modular guard system
The fence system on the Dewalt DWE7485 uses a rack and pinion adjustment mechanism, which is great because it allows you to make smooth changes to its positioning.
It features a two-and-a-half inch dust port for attaching a vacuum, which will help to keep your home workshop or jobsite clean.
I really admire the 24.4-inch rip capacity, considering that it is wide enough for ripping OSB sheets and 4 by 8 plywood.
But it is quite unfortunate that the Dewalt DWE7485 is not sold with a rolling wheel stand. This means you will have to incur additional costs if you want the portability of a stand.
- It is the overall best choice under $300
- Compact size makes it ideal for jobsite and home shop use
- Fence adjustments are effortless with rack and pinion system
- Has a durable metal roll cage
- Modular guard system improves safety during operation
- It isn’t sold with a stand
- Blade size may be smaller for some woodworking applications
At a reasonable price point of under $300, the Dewalt DWE7485 offers impressive features and unmatched performance.
Overall Rating – 4.8
3. Tacklife MTS01A 10-Inch Table Saw — Best Miter Gauge Design
The Tacklife MTS01A 10-Inch Table Saw brings you a powerful 15-amp motor that generates 4800 revolutions per minute, and it’s yours for a very low price.
- Transparent and versatile blade guard
- Best miter gauge design
- 0 to 45 degrees bevel cutting angles
- Aluminum extension tabletop
- Onboard storage
This product has an extension tabletop that is made of aluminum for durability, and extends up to 3.9 inches on both sides for added stability.
I really appreciate the well-made miter gauge, considering how easy it is to square it to the blade and how effective it is to produce neat crosscuts.
Another great feature is the ergonomically designed handle for lowering and raising the blade, which is properly contoured for consistent hand placement.
But it comes with a rugged yet not portable stand, which has no rolling wheels for mobility or curved handles for lifting and pushing.
- Comes with a very stable extension tabletop
- You can see through the blade guard for visibility and protection
- Miter gauge squares effortlessly to the blade
- Features on and off push buttons for ease of use and added safety
- Onboard storage adds convenience
- Comes with a non-portable table saw stand
- May not be a great choice for use with dado blades
The Tacklife MTS01A has a good price point that is accompanied by quality features, including a heavy-duty miter gauge and an aluminum extension tabletop.
Overall Rating – 4.8
4. Dewalt DW745 Compact Table Saw — Best Affordable Table Saw for Crosscutting
The Dewalt DW745 Compact Table Saw is extremely powerful as it has an 1850-watt motor that provides high cutting and ripping performance at a budget-friendly price point.
- Has a steel roll cage
- Blade diameter of 10-inch
- Premium micro-grain carbide blade
- Ripping capacity of 20 inches
- Features a rack and pinion fence system
This heavy-duty table saw comes equipped with a high performing 15-amp motor that offers an impressive no-load speed of 3850 RPM that will cut through wood with ease.
This product has telescopic fence rails, which is great because you can extend it when cutting wider workpieces and retract it to create a portable package.
Another exceptional feature that comes with the saw is the premium micro-grain carbide blade, which offers ultra-sharp cutting edges with minimum splintering.
But the thing is, the Dewalt DW745 doesn’t come with a stand. So, this means you have to suffer additional costs for table saw stand portability.
- Powerful motor cuts through wood effortlessly
- Rack and pinion fence rails allow for smooth and fast adjustments
- Steel roll cage is engineered to withstand jobsite impacts and drops
- Overload protection enables you to cut frozen and wet wood safely
- Micro-grain carbide blade generates minimum splintering
- Package doesn’t come with a table stand
- Could be better with a slightly wider rip capacity
At first glance, the Dewalt DW745 promises great cutting and ripping performance and versatility. And it has one of the best miter gauge and bevel for crosscutting.
Overall Rating – 4.7
5. Bosch GTS1031 Jobsite Table Saw — Best Portable Design
Get yourself up and running quickly with the Bosch GTS1031 Jobsite Table Saw at a budget-conscious price point. This tool is designed to provide portability, versatility, and good performance.
- Unique smart guard system
- Powerful 15-amp motor
- 18-inch rip capacity
- Square lock rip fence
The Bosch GTS1031 features a heavy-duty 15-amp motor, which is great because it boasts a 5000 RPM top speed under no load for tearing through wood with ease.
Its rip capacity is kept a bit on the small side, accommodating just 18 inches in order to make the table saw more portable.
It provides a wide bevel angle range for superior versatility, while the easy to adjust miter gauge system allows for smooth and accurate crosscutting.
But the table saw is occasionally clogged with fine wood particles, which can easily jam the raising and lowering system of the blade.
- Delivers powerful RPM for superior cutting performance
- One-handed carry handle makes the design extremely portable
- Riving knife and anti-kickback pawls improve control
- Smart blade guard improves safety
- Strong table saw base is highly durable
- Can get clogged with fine sawdust
- You must buy a table saw stand separately
If a portable, versatile, high performing, convenient, and reasonably priced table saw is what you are after, then Bosch GTS1031 fits the budget.
Overall Rating – 4.3
6. Skilsaw SPT70WT-01 Worm Drive Table Saw — Best Worm Drive Gearing
If you have been looking for a portable table saw that is engineered to deliver maximum torque and power at a budget price range, look no further than the Skilsaw SPT70WT-01.
- Self-aligning rip fence
- 15-amp dual-field motor
- Ripping capacity of 25 inches
- No-load speed of 5300 RPM
- Die-cast aluminum tabletop
This budget-friendly table saw features the legendary worm drive gearing, which is an excellent addition because the extra torque and power from the worm drive are great for high-stress rip cuts.
I really appreciate the 3.5-inch cutting depth and 25-inch ripping capacity, considering the large 4 by 8 plywood workpieces I can work on.
Another great feature is the portability of the table saw, which allows you to carry and transport the tool from your truck to your jobsite or home shop.
But I stand disappointed with the lack of a table stand. The aftermarket stand for this model seems cheaply made and it doesn’t have rolling wheels.
- Worm drive gearing delivers twice the power and torque
- Superior no-load speed will cut through wood with ease
- Available ripping capacity accommodates most woodworking projects
- Rugged table saw base and tabletop improve durability
- Self-aligning fence offers accurate adjustments and cuts.
- No stand is provided with purchase
- Compatible after-market stand appears cheaply made
You don’t need a bigger budget to experience the performance of a worm drive gearing system because this budget-conscious model is engineered to offer you the best worm drive performance.
Overall Rating – 4.3
Don’t allow a tight budget to stop your woodworking projects because there are many budget-friendly table saws that you can buy out there.
Here are a few things that I urge you to take into account during your search:
Before buying a table saw with damaged or missing parts, first research the cost as well as the availability of replacement parts.
The best cheap table saw won’t provide you a performance equivalent to that of a high-end model, but it should offer you good enough features that you can exploit.
In addition to the cheap prize category, also make sure that the costs of replacement parts and repairs aren’t overly expensive.
Style of Table Saw
The best cheap table saws can either be a Benchtop, jobsite, or contractor model. Cabinet and hybrid table saws are usually high-priced.
Benchtop models are normally the cheapest, especially when they are bought without a stand. Then followed by jobsite and contractor models.
Solid Rip Fence and Rails
A rip fence and a miter gauge are the two most important parts of a table saw. So, no matter how budget-conscious the price range of a table saw is, make sure these two parts are up to the tasks.
The winner of this roundup is the Dewalt DCS7485B Compact Table Saw. It offers you the best of both worlds, a good price point that fits the budget and has the top features you need.
So many things stand out for this model irrespective of the affordable price. It has a solid construction that includes a brushless motor, carbide blade, blade guard, miter gauge, and a quality rip fence.
The rip fence is integrated with rack and pinion fence rails that allow for smooth, fast, and accurate adjustments. And the miter gauge is easy to square to the blade for smooth crosscuts.
Overall, this model fits the budget price range of two hundred to five hundred dollars, and it offers easy adjustments for all types of table saw cuts.